As a Mechatronics Design Engineer, you will develop robotic/mechatronic system architecture and design novel custom robotic/mechatronic systems. This includes the development of complex mechanisms, designing electromechanical actuation systems, and ironing out various supporting subsystems (embedded systems, control schemes, sensor technology selection, sensor development, etc.). Expect domestic travel around 10%-15% to support design and installation efforts with our customers.
The Mechatronics Design Engineer should be able to independently come up with novel solutions to the engineering problems they will be faced with. In this role, you will:
- leverage your knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and computer systems to create novel designs
- engineer new products, parts, or systems from the ground up
- improve existing designs and structures
- assess the feasibility of new designs
- systems modeling and analysis
- conscious design with the user experience in mind
- present designs and justify the engineering decisions made
- generate engineering drawings and technical documentation
- work alongside Embedded Systems Engineers to develop electromechanical systems
Aersys, Inc. is making next generation automation accessible to everyone. While companies at the top innovate to stay ahead, we innovate to bring everyone along. Our flagship product, the AerNode, is a modular robotic MicroFulfillment Center (MFC) that lets companies automate small-parts inventory, offer roadside pickup (BOPIS), leverage automated delivery with drones and rovers, and create grab-and-go experiences for customers. Tools normally reserved for giant e-commerce companies will now help small and large business compete on a level playing field.
We’re a team of builders, problem-solvers, tinkerers, and nonconformists. Collectively, we form a scenius that challenges the way things have always been done. We think from first principles, understand that failures are just stops on the road to success, and care more about our impact on the world than our bottom line.